MacKichan Software, Inc. is committed to protecting your privacy
/ BBBonline "Code
of Online Business Practices" as well as the Direct Marketing Association's
- Data Collection. We take appropriate steps to protect your privacy. We also take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information
in storage. For example, if you supply us with your credit card information
to make an online purchase, we encrypt the card number. Additionally, access
to personally identifiable information is limited to individuals needing
such access to perform their job function.
- We use DeepMetrix
LiveStats software on our website to collect information such as your
IP address to identify you as a visitor. This is aggregated and used for
internal review and improvement of our website; it is not shared with other
the serial number(s) of the software product(s) you have licensed. Our
software and website both recognize such cookies; neither can read other
- We cannot collect your email address when you visit our website. We
request your email address when you (1) request a download such as a trial
version or a white paper, (2) purchase a software license, or (3) contribute
to one of our user forums. We also collect other (particularly market research)
information that you volunteer during download, registration, or purchase. This too is withheld from third parties.
- Contact Information. You will receive a call from us only (1)
in the event of problems fulfilling your order, (2) in response to a technical
support call, or (3) for infrequent market research.
- You will receive email from us (1) to deliver your serial number if you
have disabled cookies, (2) to remind you that trial software is about to
expire, and (3) when you have requested our newsletter. If you wish to
unsubscribe from the newsletter, follow the instructions at the end of every
- If you have provided your postal address, you may receive periodic surface
mail with information on new products and services or upcoming events concerning
our software products. Please contact us to
correct or remove from our records any personal information which concerns
- Advertisements and Ad Servers. We do not show advertisements nor
do we partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies.
- Security. We always use industry-standard encryption technologies
when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our site. We
have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to
protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have
collected from you at our site.
- Changes. From time to time, we may use customer information for
new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future, we will
post the policy changes to our website to notify you of these changes and
provide you with the opportunity not to participate in these new uses. If
you are concerned about how your information is used, we recommend that you bookmark this page and return periodically for new information.
- Forums. You should be aware that all information posted to a MacKichan Software Web forum is public.
- Children Under 13. The content on our site is related to engineering,
education, and mathematics. Compliant with COPPA,
we do not ask the age of our visitors and customers.
- Third-Party Sites. We provide links to other websites. Since we
do not control them, we encourage you to review the privacy policies posted
on these sites.
- Questions. If at any time you have questions or concerns regarding